First PostDoctoral Brainstorming -Evanston-2018_03_05-5:20pm
JOIN NORTHWESTERN’S POSTDOCTORAL
FORUM FOR OUR FIRST PUBLIC
Northwestern’s PostDoctoral Forum (NUPF)—Northwestern’s volunteer organization of postdocs—seeks:
Smart (i.e., small, cheap, and catalytic) ideas that would enable you—or us (or you, with the help of us)—to take responsibility for activities that are helpful to Northwestern’s postdoc community.
Our domains are:
- Professional development
Ideally, we would like to hear about participants’ new ideas. However, we also look forward to discovering ways to improve our currently planned activities (or postdocs that would like to shape those activities by joining us), including:
- Northwestern’s largest fully interdisciplinary scientific symposium
- Regular coffee hours and after-work social activities
- Crafting PostDoc to PI transitional grants
- Skill workshops (e.g.: communication, scientific programming)
- And more
This will be the first PostDoctoral Brainstorming session. Regardless, we hope that you will join our event and contribute to making many ideas happen. The PostDoctoral Brainstorming session represents our wish to extend to all departments and thus equally serve all scientific disciplines.
Time: Monday, March 5th
- 5.20 p.m. to 5.40 p.m.: open suggestion round for ideas
- 5.40 p.m. to 6.40 p.m.: (optional) work in breakout groups to craft your idea into a reality
Want to join spontaneously? No problem, registration is NOT required.