The Multiple Dimensions for a Career in Healthcare: a discussion of public health and public policy career opportunities – 2018-04-30 16:00:00 -250 E Superior St
Are you interested in transitioning to careers in science policy and public health?
NUPF has organized a panel discussion in which attendees will have the opportunity to learn about the career paths taken by experts in the field, how to find career opportunities and what skills are necessary to transition to this industry. The panel will be followed by a reception to network with the invited speakers.
REASONS TO PARTICIPATE:
- Gain a better understanding of careers in public policy and public health in arenas of non-profits, the governmental sector and the business sector.
- Establish connections with professionals and network with peers who share your interest in public policy and public health.
- Learn about available resources to assist you in this career transition (AAAs fellowship and EIS fellowship)
- Justin Cassidy, PhD, Senior Consultant at Sg2
- Amy B. Cadwallader, PhD, Senior Drug Policy Program Analyst III at American Medical Association
- Meghan Weinberg, PhD, MPH, Regional Epidemiologist at Michigan Department of Health, Former EIS Fellow
- Julia McKenzie, Director of International Relations at AAAS
- Christina Cordero, Project Director at The Joint Commission, Former AAAS Fellow.
The Northwestern University Postdoctoral Forum (NUPF) and the Chicago Graduate Student Association (CGSA)
SPECIAL THANKS TO:
The Graduate School at Northwestern University for financial support.