The International Committee aims to enhance the experience of the large number of postdocs coming from outside the US to Northwestern University.
- Facilitate the transition of international postdocs to the US, and to Northwestern University in particular
- Provide resources for incoming postdocs in need of establishing basic services in the US
- Provide a forum for foreign postdocs to communicate and network outside of their immediate research environment
- Provide for the social well-being of international postdocs
- Strengthen the diversity among the postdoctoral community
2015 Activities highlighting these goals:
- Developed a comprehensive resource guide for incoming international postdocs, which can be found here
Hosted “Cultures & Cuisines” events to learn more about foreign cultures through the combination of authentic food, authentic atmosphere, and a cultural entertainment program
NUPF International Committee Chair
Sriram Boothalingam – I am currently a postdoc at the Auditory Research Lab at the School of Communication. I study how the brain influences peripheral hearing systems for selectively gating relevant information amidst a cacophony of sounds. I have been a team-member of the NUPF International committee since February 2015 and as a chair since January 2016. I feel very privileged to be a part of this vibrant and enthusiastic team. During this term, our team successfully conducted two Cultures and Cuisines events, and are currently involved in planning for an ‘intercultural communication’ workshop. We also kickstarted two new events, PubSci and SundayFunday. We also collaborate with other organization across the campus to conduct fun events. I am looking forward to all the great things in store for the NUPF and NU postdocs this year!