The Social Committee provides opportunities for the post-doctoral community at both the Evanston and Chicago campuses with opportunities and venues to promote positive dialog and social interactions between post-doctoral fellows and to enhance their experience and connection with Northwestern University.
- Enhance the social interactions among postdoctoral fellows by providing networking opportunities and venues for the Northwestern post-doctoral community to:
- communicate and discuss issues relevant to postdoctoral fellows at Northwestern University.
- promote positive dialogue among postdoctoral fellows, faculty members, administrators and the University.
- Design and implement activities for the post-doctoral community to:
- increase the social interactions among postdoctoral fellows.
- enhance the personal development of postdoctoral fellows.
- Evaluate, organize, and effectively distribute information and resources available to Northwestern Post-Doctoral Fellows via new technologies and social media platforms
2015 Activities highlighting these goals:
- Monthly Coffee Breaks at both Evanston and Chicago campuses
- Financial Planning for Postdocs
- Annual Networking Events to promoter collaborations
- Monthly Happy Hours involving the post-doctoral communities from both Evanston and Chicago campuses
- The Intellectual Property Field coffee break
- Concept design and implementation of a new website to distribute and promote NUPF activities
- Increased presence on social media platforms to increase awareness of NUPF