Current Research and Future Careers Symposium (2018)
SAVE THE DATE!
The 2018 Current Research and Future Careers Symposium will held on the
Chicago Campus on AUGUST 30th (all day).
Below is information for our 2017 Symposium.
THANKS FOR MAKING THE 2017 SYMPOSIUM THE BEST YET!
Awarded to both a postdoc and graduate student in the following categories
BEST ORAL PRESENTATION ($150)
BEST POSTER ($100)
RUNNER UP POSTER ($50)
|SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT OR RSVP HERE (ARCHIVED)|
The program at a glance:
9:45-10:45 am: Concurrent Sessions:
- Networking and Marketing Yourself for Careers Outside Academics;
- Breaking into Academia
10:45 am-12:00 pm: Breaking into Biotech and Pharma (career panel) featuring:
- Christopher Harp (Scientist, Genentech – San Francisco)
- Jacqueline Nielsen (Scientific Director, Medical Affairs Oncology, AbbVie)
- Catherine Stewart (Research Information Scientist, Abbvie)
- Meg Ruesch (Vice President, Pfizer)
- Jason Hudak (Research Scientist, Evelo Biosciences – Boston)
- Nick Giafis (Senior Director, Medical Sciences, Pharmacyclics)
- Janet Pavese (Principal Scientist, Bioanalysis, Astellas Pharma)
12:00-1:15 pm: Networking Roundtable Lunches with Panelists
This is a unique opportunity to network closely with people in your target career, don’t miss out!
|RSVP FOR THE NETWORKING LUNCHES (ARCHIVED)|
1:15-1:45 pm: Eclipse Viewing Party
1:45-2:15 pm: Student and Postdoc Short Talks
2:15-3:15 pm: Keynote Address, Meg Ruesch, Vice President, Pfizer
3:15-5:00 pm: Poster Session and Reception
Monday, August 21, 9:45 am – 5:00 pm
Baldwin Auditorium, 303 E Superior St, Chicago campus
If you are unable to submit an abstract for the event, you are more than welcome to attend. We would appreciate if you still RSVP’d to the event (below).
|RSVP (without an abstract) (ARCHIVED)|
Northwestern University Postdoctoral Forum, BioProfessionals Program, The Graduate School Professional Development Grant, Department of Pharmacology, Department of Microbiology-Immunology, Driskill Graduate Program, Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, the Center for Molecular Innovation and Drug Discovery, and the Center for Reproductive Science.